Find Out More About SAP Business One From Seidor
In the first part of this series, Dustin Coombe, Sales Director at Seidor UK, takes a closer look at SAP Business One and answers some common questions about the popular business management solution.
1. What Modules Are In SAP Business One?
There are ten core modules included in SAP Business One. These include Accounting, Bank Transactions and Purchasing to help manage your finances. There’s Business Partner Management for your customers and CRM tools to manage prospects and any new opportunities. Service Management controls your helpdesk and there’s also MRP, Sales & Distribution, Reporting and Outlook Integration.
There are some optional modules that can be used for Warehouse Management and Intercompany to help align activities. The Software Development Kit can also create customised functionality for users. This has been used to develop hundreds of accredited add-ons to create a tailored solution that works for your business.
2. What Is SAP Business One Cloud?
You can host SAP Business One either in the cloud or have a more traditional on-premise model. The functionality is exactly the same on both hosting platforms. The cloud version offers users a bit more flexibility as to when and where they can access their solution. But you can even create a hybrid model where sensitive information is stored behind your local firewall and then everything else in the cloud. Here at Seidor, we have our very own SAP Cloud Hosting division for those who want to run their system in the cloud.
3. What Is SAP Business One HANA?
SAP HANA was released by SAP around 2012. It uses a unique in-memory data platform to help users churn through Big Data in seconds. HANA offers an alternative to the traditional SQL database that SAP Business One uses. It’s an essential tool if your business processes a lot of data or if you require real-time insights. SAP Business One, powered by SAP HANA, is available either on-premise or in the cloud.
4. What Does SAP Business One Cost?
SAP Business One is broken down into four parts:
- Software costs: Everybody who accesses SAP Business One requires a license. You can either purchase licenses up front or pay for these monthly
- Implementation costs: You’ll need a certified consultant to implement your solution and train your team. Depending on your solution, this can take anywhere from 30 days up to 80 days to go-live
- Support and maintenance: If you purchase your software, you’ll also have to factor in around 20%-25% of your overall software costs for your annual support and maintenance with your chosen partner. In return, you’ll have access to the latest software and patch upgrades developed by SAP and ensure your solution is fully supported, if you ever need any assistance
- Hosting: Depending on the platform you choose for SAP Business One, you may also have to factor in hosting charges for a cloud-based solution or to purchase a server for a more traditional model
It’s very rare that any two SAP Business One solutions are ever the same. That’s why you’ll need to get an individual quote. Send us your requirements and we'll quickly arrange one for your business.
5. Where To Buy SAP Business One From?
You can’t buy SAP Business One directly from SAP. Users have the option to buy the software from one of SAP’s resellers. The success of your SAP Business One implementation is often defined by the partner you select. You can find out why Seidor continues to be the world’s leading SAP Business One partner here.
6. Where To Download SAP Business One?
As SAP Business One is a fully integrated, end-to-end application you can’t just download it off the internet. It’s not like a basic turn-key solution that SMEs often use to manage tasks like finance or sales. But it is one of the most popular and powerful solutions for growing organisations. You can arrange a one-on-one detailed demo today with one of our product experts.